The Naked Crab

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Potato Chip Friends


I noticed the other day at lunch that a child who is quite unpopular, had a few kids swarmed around him. I quickly grew suspicious and went over for a closer inspection. Sure enough, this child had opened a packet of potato chips and certain kids were asking him for one.

I intervened and told the vultures to stop being 'potato chip' friends. All crumbley and breakable... and only coming around when something is on offer.

When life is good we are always surrounded by people, who bask in our success and in the light we give out. When life is bad, we withdraw and creep around, unnoticed and usually only a few of our truest friends crawl into the dark corners and spend time with us.

I have felt very much like my bag of potato chips have been empty for quite some time now. I have nothing to give the vultures... I am lucky to get my own lunch eaten. I've crawled into a hole and I hide away whenever I can.

A lot of things have occured in the past few months and I've found out that your true friends are not just the ones who stick around, but also the ones that follow you into the hole.

I am so busy and not quite ready to poke my head out yet. I imagine in the ebb and flow of life, there could come a time, when once again, I hold the prize in my hands. But until then, be patient with me. I will be back.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger strauss said…

    There are always plenty of potato chips firneds, rubies are rare.
    Your friend in the bunker.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger strauss said…

    Hee Hee, I know you love rubies.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guess this is why I really don't care for chips..........they draw the vultures out. Glad my girls are rubies. Emma

     

Post a Comment

<< Home