The Naked Crab

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tomorrow


I am a procrastinator. I may not have invented it, but I have perfected it. My motto, "Why do today, that which can be done tomorrow!" And... we all know tomorrow never comes.

But it seems that even though old habits die hard, they do catch up with you. Like when you decide not to clean your house and suddenly old friends drop in from out of State. Surprise! Or you can't sleep because you know you haven't completed your homework. (OK, that one was a flashback.) Ahhhh, my favorite one: the phone gets cut off because you lost the bill. You see where this is going.

I feel as if perhaps it is time for change. I have almost started driving my own self crazy. I've noticed that when I take care of stuff on time it unblocks a lot of stress and anxiety. It makes way for creative energy to flow and allows me to have peace of mind.

So this weekend I need to clean out my classroom, finish a couple of projects and get on top of my laundry. I'll let you know how it goes. What are you going to accomplish? I'll keep you posted on my progress.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger strauss said…

    Haven't we heard this same sad old song before? I think it was the blog about "de-cluttering the crap"...hmmmm, what happened there ;)?
    Reminds me of a circular discussion I heard between a mother and her 3 year old child "Is it tomorrow today"? "No tomorrow is tomorrow."
    "That's what you said yesterday"!
    "We have this same discussion everyday..."
    I think you are right though. It might be time for a bit of a change :)Have fun.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Heather, that first paragraph or two I thought I was reading something I'd written about myself! So what are we both doing here, reading and writing blogs, and commenting on them?!!

    Last night I found a blog called 'The Lazy Organiser'.. her theory was to set up one new thing to do each day, and to follow that for a week or so till it becomes a routine. I was tempted to sign up, but I realised that I spend so much time writing about how I must do this, and that, and the other, that I never get off the computer and get ANYTHING done!!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    (PS. Having just found your blog by following your link from strauss's, I then scrolled down and realised that you certainly don't qualify in an over-proliferation of blog posting! Which is kind of a shame, because I think I'd like to read what you write every day! You write really well!)

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Muse said…

    Oh my, nothing like a bit of flattery to get me motivated. I think we are two of a kind. My kids think the computer is just another one of my body parts!

    I will start writing again.

    This is a new blog for me. I stopped writing my old one for personal reasons. I just haven't been able to keep the motivation up. Thanks for your encouragement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home