The Naked Crab

Monday, January 15, 2007

Work


As I sit here staring at a pile of bills I must pay, and invoices I must file and phone calls I must return, I realize that all the 'must do's' in life can be quite crippling.

I HATE being told what to do, or how to do it. I don't handle criticism well, and I have problems with authority. Basically I am a suburban housewife rebel.

Now, I also own my own business, a 'mother and baby' shop in my small town. Part of the allure and glamour of running your own business, is the independence. I don't have to answer to the 'man', I am the 'man'! I can work my own hours, make my own decisions and spend as much time on my computer as I like. :)

The problem (and usually there is one) is that I lack the motivation to do the real work. I hate paying bills, sweeping, unhappy customers, etc. Basically, once the glamour and idealism wore off, it just became a job. Ho hum.

So, what kind of job does a lazy, suburban rebel housewife, disorganized procrastinator do? ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger strauss said…

    I DON'T KNOW! When you find the answer let me know so we can BOTH do it.
    Started reading E-Myth Mastery today....she's a biggie.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Let me know too.. At least you've got as far as starting a business. I procrastinate so much, I haven't even got that far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home