The Naked Crab

Monday, March 26, 2007

Lizard Karma


I don't know if you believe in karma... the golden rule... murphy's law, WHATEVER! But I have a lizard tale to tell.

I recently split up with my husband and moved into my own apartment. As I've written before, as a single woman I've had to deal with an array of cockroaches, spiders, and other bugs on my own. No point in screaming and jumping up on furniture if no one is there to 'rescue' you and take care of the assorted vermin.

Now, I don't claim to be anything less than a complete sissy when it comes to these issues, but I get on with it anyway.

However, everyone has their limits, and mine were reached last week when I opened my bathroom door and found a rather large lizard sitting in my tub. To use my daugher's phrase, "I freaked out!" I called the afore mentioned ex, and was told to deal with it and that I was lucky it wasn't a centipede. Fortunately, in this town there is a lizard and snake catcher, so the problem was taken care of quite quickly. Whew...

Well, not exactly the end of the story... Still feeling a little on edge, I entered the bathroom two mornings later, bleary eyed and ready for a shower, I stifled a scream when I saw a disgusting centipede crawling up my shower. It was about 8 inches long and as thick as my thumb. Uggghhhh... I even called the lizard catcher... who prompty told me to just sweep it up with a dust pan and brush. Yeah Right! Well luckily, my ex came and took care of the horrible creature.

Two days later... I walked in, now incredibly wary... and found a huntsman spider on the ceiling of the bathroom.

I don't know about you... but I feel as if these creatures were trying to tell me something....

MOVE!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger strauss said…

    you can run but you can't hide ;)

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you just need someone else to help when the creepy crawlies show up. I got an idea....

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Muse said…

    Why does that seem to be the case with everything in my life!

    (wail)


    Monkey I think you are right. ;)Are you volunteering?

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I know I'd be thinking about moving...real soon! That many days in a row...and that variety...would have me packing my bags.
    IT IS SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU POSTING AGAIN!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home