The Naked Crab

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Top Three Most Embarrassing Points in My Life So Far



Ok, if the word 'fart' offends you please read no further...

1. Yes, you can see where this is headed I am sure. Picture me as a teenager, a large Sunday School room, metal chairs arranged in a circle for serious Bible study, and a girl who got the giggles. Unfortunately, I had also eaten something that hadn't agreed with me. Add that to the helpless giggles that only a 14 year old can succumb to, and you get a very loud noise, that to this day, makes me blush.

2. More teenage angst. Summer camp, a tight dress with a zip down the front. Bench seats that had to be straddled... Ok, I'll give you more on this one.

It was the final night of camp. It was a special dinner night, and most of us had paired up with a member of the opposite sex. I was with Donny. I nice guy who was real sweet. When it was our tables turn to line up for dinner, we headed for the trays and filled them up with the usual camp fare. We returned to our seats and as I raised my leg to straddle the bench and sit down, the zip on my very fashionable denim dress decided to break.

Since the zip traveled from the collar to the hem, quite a lot was revealed. Poor Donny looked up at that moment, let out a gasp and quickly looked away, as all gentlemen should do! Luckily I was close to the kitchen, so I hobbled off through the back of the hall, clasping my dress and then ran to my cabin to change. A very memorable moment indeed.

3. Ok, I figured we all have those teenage angst moments, so I've decided to share NO. 3 which is a rather recent experience.

I was staying at my mother's house last month. Now, one thing I like to do regularly is get my leg hair waxed off, along with other bits and pieces, that I will not divulge at this time. I was due for a wax job while I was there and asked my mother if she knew where I could go to get the job done. (stunned silence) "Why would you want to have that done?" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, I took it upon myself to look this service up in the phone book. I called several places that advertised 'waxing' only to find out that they only did facial hair. (Thank goodness I don't need that!) Anyway, a few minutes later, my mom's friend arrives, so my mom asks her where I can go. Her friend (who knows exactly who she is) dissolves into a fit of giggles. They then ring, another gal on the phone, again... more giggles and finally a few phone numbers are produced.

My dad also was in the room, throwing in various cheeky comments. Then they all found out that my man was travelling up to see me a day early... and then the giggles and the commentary started up again.

Oh dear... well, it is my body, my hair and I don't see what is so funny about getting it waxed. I think perhaps the whole bloody town knows about it now anyway. You would think the old biddies would be a little more mature and worldly by now. ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger strauss said…

    #1 You forgot to mention that you were flirting with a boy at the time you were giggling your friend, and the fart occurred just when teh room fell on stony deathly slience - well near silence Ha Ha .
    #3 no comment.
    There could be a number 4 also. tee hee.
    Oh Heather, they are my favourite embarrassing stories of all time, I think perhaps because of the serious way your first told them to me.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I am SO SORRY to be part of your 3rd most embarrassing moment! You didn't really need to be....but I think your Mom still doesn't get it...
    Got my hair done a few weeks ago and Cindy asked how the waxing had gone. (She provided the phone number.) I really don't think the whole town knows....tho she DID mention it to a friend of mine who got HER hair done the week before me. Hmmmmm....maybe the whole town DOES know!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Muse said…

    Great, I feel so at ease.

    A #4 hmmmm.... sometimes your friends can know you a little TOO Well, don't you think?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home